These burgers are made of nothing but the finest plant based ingredients and they offer a big health boost courtesy of the superpowers of Hemp!
Hemp Seeds are a fantastic source of protein, packed with plant-based Omegas and they're great for supporting heart & brain health.
Here's the recipe if you fancy making these at home; they're a great healthy alternative to those processed burgers knocking around in shops!
RECIPE (Makes 2 Large Burgers)
- 1 Can of Chickpeas (Drained)
- 4 Tbsp Gram Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Small Cooked Beetroot
- 2 Meat-Free Beef Stock Cubes
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
1) Finely chop the Onion & garlic then fry on a low heat in a drizzle of oil for 5 minutes until soft & Fragrant.
2) Roughly chop the Beetroot then add to the pan along with the Spices. Cook on low for a couple of minutes then remove from the heat.
3) In a high powered blender, or large bowl with stick blender, add the onion, garlic & beetroot to all of the other ingredients and pulse until a semi-smooth dough is formed. You need to make these into Burger shapes, so if it's too soft, add a little more Gram flour until workable. Set aside in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
4) Once the mixture has cooled, divide into 2 to 4 burgers, forming equal sized balls then squashing into burger shapes. Add to a hot frying pan and cook for around 15 minutes, turning frequently.
5) Once the burgers are done, slice open a nice roll of bread, fill it with Vegan Mayo, Chilli Sauce & Salad, then squeeze your fresh healthy Hemp burger in there and enjoy!