Hearty Hemp Mince Pies
Recipe makes enough Mince Meat for at least 24 Mince Pies.
- 375g Mixed Dried Fruit
- 125g Candied Mixed Peel
- 75g Vegetable Suet
- 100g Hemp Hearts
- 30g Hemp Fibre Plus
- 4 Tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1.5 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1.5 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 small peeled & finely Diced Apple
- Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
- Zest & Juice of 2 Clementines
- 75ml Brandy
1) In a large bowl, add all of the above ingredients then mix together really well. Cover the bowl then leave in the fridge overnight for the flavours to mingle.
2) The following day, add the mixture to an ovenproof dish, cover tightly with foil then bake in the Centre of your oven at around 160C for 1 hour, taking out and mixing half way through then re-covering.
3) Allow the mince meat to fully cool then either store in sterilised air tight jars for a few months or make your Mince Pies straight away!
4) For the pies, simply roll out a couple of blocks of Vegan puff pastry to around 3mm thick then use round pastry cutters for the base & star cutters for the top.
5) Lay each circle into a cupcake tin, gently pressing down then adding air holes to the base with a fork. Add a heaped teaspoon of the mince meat, top with the star, then brush with plant-based milk.
6) Bake the pies in the upper part of your oven at 180C for around 20 minutes until golden brown and crisp.